Recent Library Acquisitions
On your next visit, why not take a minute to stop by the RCGC Library and see what’s new? These are just a few of the RCGC Library’s newly acquired books:
- Attracting Native Pollinators: Protecting North America’s Bees and Butterflies by Eric Mader et al. (Xerces Society).
- Bizarre Botanicals: How to Grow String-of-Hearts, Jack-in-the-Pulpit, Panda Ginger, and Other Weird and Wonderful Plants by Larry Mellichamp and Paula Gross.
- The Book of Little Hostas: 200 Small, Very Small, and Mini Varieties by Kathy Shadrack et al.
- Continuous Container Gardens: Swap in the Plants of the Season to Create Fresh Designs Year-round by Sara Townsend et al.
- Design with Microclimate: The Secret to Comfortable Outdoor Spaces by Robert Brown.
- Designing Gardens with Flora of the American East by Carolyn Summers.
- Dirr’s Encyclopedia of Trees and Shrubs by Michael Dirr.
- Edible Estates: Attack on the Front Lawn by Will Allen and Fritz Haeg.
- The Edible Front Yard: The Mow-less, Grow-More Plan for a Beautiful, Bountiful Garden by Ivette Soler and Ann Summa.
- Edible Landscaping by Rosalind Creasy.
- Embroidered Ground: Revisiting the Garden by Page Dickey and William Atherton.
- From Art to Landscape: Unleashing Creativity in Garden Design by Gary Smith.
- Garden Bouquets and Beyond: Creating Wreaths, Garlands, and More in Every Garden Season by Suzanne Bales and Steven Randazzo.
- Garden Up! Smart Vertical Gardening for Small and Large Spaces by Susan Morrison and Rebecca Sweet.
- High-Impact, Low-Carbon Gardening: 1001 Ways to Garden Sustainably by Alice Bowe.
- Hydrangeas in the North: Getting Blooms in the Colder Climates by Tim Boebel.
- Mentors in the Garden of Life by Colleen Plimpton.
- The Nonstop Garden: A Step-by-Step Guide to Smart Plant Choices and Four-Season Designs by Stephanie Cohen and Jennifer Benner.
- The Plantsmen of Rochester Parks by Alvan Grant.
- So You Want to Be a Garden Designer: How to Get Started, Grow, and Thrive in the Landscape Design Business by Love Albrecht Howard.
- Succulent Container Gardens: Design Eye-Catching Displays with 350 Easy-Care Plants by Debra Lee Baldwin.
- Tomatoland: How Modern Industrial Agriculture Destroyed Our Most Alluring Fruit by Barry Estabrook.
- Urban Farming: Sustainable City Living in Your Backyard, in Your Community, and in the World by Thomas Fox.
- Weeds: In Defense of Nature’s Most Unloved Plants by Richard Mabey.
- Wild Urban Plants of the Northeast: A Field Guide by Peter Del Tredici.
List updated January 17, 2012.